Anaphylaxis and Autoinjectors
- Understand the risks of a severe allergic reaction and how to administer adrenaline through an autoinjector. This online short course is designed to be completed in under 30 minutes and has the potential to save a life.
- Anaphylaxis is an extreme and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction, which results in rapid chemical changes in the body. In the UK it is estimated that almost 20% of the population is affected by at least one allergic disorder.
- Anaphylaxis is characterised by quickly developing life-threatening airway, breathing and/or circulation problems. The swelling and tightening of the airway causes breathing difficulties and/or a sudden fall in blood pressure, which can lead to dizziness and fainting.
- Autoinjectors offer fast-acting relief to somebody suffering an anaphylactic reaction. The successful administration of a device can prevent serious consequences and provide enough time for emergency services to attend and treat the sufferer.
- The Course
- Our Anaphylaxis and Autoinjector short course is designed to help you understand the risks of a severe allergic reaction and how to administer emergency treatment.
- The course outlines how anaphylaxis can be caused by a broad range of ‘triggers’, such as insect stings, foods, for example nuts and shellfish, latex and medicines, such as penicillin.
- Learners will also learn how to recognise the symptoms and identify how to administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from anaphylaxis.
- Areas covered
- Reactions to allergens
- An employee’s responsibility
- Adrenaline autoinjectors
- Common traits
20 to 40 minutes.
How It Works
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive an Awarding Body e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
Why Choose Our E-learning?
We make the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. All of our e-learning uses interactive exercises and gaming combined with media-rich content, interactive scenarios, and relevant photography and illustrations. Content is provided by industry-leading experts. What that means for your learners is stimulating and engaging content they’ll respond to and, most importantly, remember.
Key elements of our e-learning courses are:
- Interactive exercises/gaming
- Media-rich content
- Interactive 3D scenarios
- Content provided by market leading experts
- Relevant photography and illustrations
- Multi-generational content and style
The quickest way to purchase our e-learning courses is online by adding them to your cart.
Alternatively, you can contact our sales team who will be happy to assist you: