Health and Safety Level 3
- The HSE estimates that workplace injuries cost the UK economy over £15 billion per year. Official figures estimate the cost to business at £3.2 billion with individuals losing approximately £8.6 billion. This course is an ideal introduction to health and safety for anyone working in a low to medium risk environment, and provides the knowledge and understanding required to go on to achieve a level 3 health and safety qualification.
- The Course This course covers the advanced principles of workplace health and safety and is ideal for those in supervisory or management positions.
- The objective of the qualification is to support a role in the workplace and is intended for learners already working in the capacity of supervisor, manager, team leaders or those who are preparing to start work at this level and gives them the knowledge of health and safety. Designed to provide a wide-ranging level of knowledge around health and safety, this e-learning course covers health and safety law, the hazards present in a workplace and how to implement effective and necessary controls. The course provides learners with an understanding of: the requirements of health, safety and welfare; the benefits of a health and safety management system; the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards; the principles of risk assessment and incident investigation.
- Areas Covered
- Introduction to health and safety
- Accidents and injuries
- Legal responsibilities
- Risk assessment
- Hazardous substances (COSHH)
- Workplace health, safety and welfare
- Use equipment safely
- Fire safety
- Ergonomics and manual handling
- Measuring and monitoring performance
- The role of Managers and Supervisors
- Who Is It Aimed At?
- Ideal for employee inductions or anyone wishing to go on to achieve a level 3 health and safety qualification.
- This course is ideal for those who work in any professional environment who need to be made aware of dangers within the workplace, and those who advise and guide teams on effective health and safety. This may include offices, warehousing, construction, logistics, retail, restaurants, facilities management and many more.
- No prior knowledge needed.
- Typical Duration
- 6 - 9 hours.
- Learn at your own pace anytime using our online platform.
- How It Works
- Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
- Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
- Learners will receive an Awarding Body e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
- Learners who want to achieve the full qualification will also need to complete an additional examination in person. Please contact us to discuss should this be required.
- Why Choose Our E-learning?
- We make the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. All of our e-learning uses interactive exercises and gaming combined with media-rich content, interactive scenarios, and relevant photography and illustrations. Content is provided by industry-leading experts. What that means for your learners is stimulating and engaging content they’ll respond to and, most importantly, remember.
- Key elements of our e-learning courses are:
- Interactive exercises/gaming
- Media-rich content
- Interactive 3D scenarios
- Content provided by market leading experts
- Relevant photography and illustrations
- Multi-generational content and style
The quickest way to purchase our e-learning courses is online by adding them to your cart.
Alternatively, you can contact our sales team who will be happy to assist you: