Critical Incident Management Training
It is intended to support businesses in their planning and preparation for managing a crisis. This extends from considering the actual definition of a critical incident, the support required for those dealing with it, through to returning to business as usual. It explores the risks faced during the aftermath of a publicised incident; employee relations, media coverage and the investigation.
The course is not intended to provide detailed solutions i.e. training in media strategies, it is instead intended to provide the catalyst and sufficient information for businesses to conduct an informed gap analysis of their capacity to manage such an incident.
Successful completion of this training programme offers the business supporting evidence that they have Suitably Qualified and Experienced Persons (SQEP) to regulatory bodies such as the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). As specialist trainers, we understand that empowering learners in realistic environments and allowing them to experience certain situations first-hand will help them get the most out of the training experience. It is for that reason that we recommend this training to be delivered at our client's site in the learners. natural environment and workplace.
The aim of this course is to raise awareness of managerial issues pertaining to a critical incident.
The purpose of this training programme is to:
- Increase delegate’s understanding of a critical incident
- Raise awareness of responsibilities – individually & corporately
- Provide an insight into the legal procedures associated with a work related death
- Provide a catalyst for delegates to review their responsibilities and company processes
- Define what constitutes as a critical incident
- Demonstrate awareness of individual & corporate responsibilities
- Explain the legal procedures associated with a work related death
- Characterize their own job role responsibilities and associated company processes
The training programme will take a minimum of 8 hours to complete. Class size: up to 16 delegates
Course Fees Include
- The Critical Incident Management training includes:
- 1 day of onsite training from our experienced trainers
- NSAN Endorsed URM Critical Incident Management certification