Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health Training
Learners undertaking this course will be considered First Aiders for Mental Health and be a point of contact within the workplace to help and support those with a suspected mental health condition.
- Understand mental health and wellbeing
- Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
- Understand the principles of first aid for mental health
- Know how to recognise mental ill health in self and others
- Understand how to support mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand how to promote a mental wellness culture in the workplace
- Understand the importance of resilience and protection of self for first aiders for mental health
This 2 day course is delivered at your premises if suitable, or alternatively can be delivered at one of our dedicated training facilities.
A maximum of 16 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to qualify.
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health (RQF). It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training.
Course Fees Include
- The Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health course includes:
- 2 days of onsite training from our experienced trainers
- All training aids, including handouts
- Awarding Body certification