Civil Nuclear Industry Security Awareness Training
- Legislation, regulation, and stakeholders
- Assets to be protected and threats
- Pre-employment and pre-site visit security awareness vetting and clearance levels
- On-site security awareness including general rules, security culture, personnel security, physical security, information security, and cyber security.
- Explain the relationship between international agreements and relevant UK legislation.
- Identify UK regulatory bodies and describe functions.
- Outline how security assessment principles provide guidance to key stakeholders.
- List the five general pillars of security.
- Explain what assets that could be vulnerable on a licenced nuclear site.
- List the potential threat to assets and describe their profile.
- Explain the vetting process and identify personal responsibilities when engaging in the process.
- Describe typically prohibited or controlled items on a nuclear licenced site.
- Explain the nature of site security requirements and general rules.
- Recognise positive security culture and describe some of the individual responsibilities relating to a positive security culture.
- Describe some of the of physical protection measures and systems designed to provide security protection in the civil nuclear environment.
- Describe the roles of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary and a civilian guard force.
- Define personnel security.
- List some of the vetting checks carried out by Security Vetting Officers.
- Name the information protection classification levels and identification of Sensitive Nuclear Information.
- Outline categories of Sensitive Nuclear Information.
- Describe the requirements of working with Sensitive Nuclear Information both on and off nuclear licenced sites.
- Explain what constitutes as a criminal offence related to a breach of information security.
- Explain general cyber security measures and a positive cyber security culture.
- Identify poor security practices with social media and online profiles.
- List positive cyber security principles.
Course Fees Include
- The Security Awareness training includes:
- Online tutor led training from our experienced Nuclear Security Management Specialist
- Post course handout
- NSAN TBNS certification